2016 Ducati 959 PANIGALE
The Perfect Balance
The fine balance between performance and control that every supersport motorcycle strives to achieve reaches its pinnacle in the new 959 Panigale. All combined in a unique design, which hallmarks the bike as an immediately recognizable member of the Ducati Superbike family. Lightweight and ready to thrill, thanks to its new 955 cc Superquadro engine and exclusive monocoque frame that ensure great handling and precision control. High level componentry such as a Brembo monobloc braking system with Bosch ABS, a slipper clutch, a Showa BPF fork and fully adjustable Sachs rear monoshock, and Riding Modes and Ducati Quick Shift all provide maximum control and safety.
- Type: Superquadro: L-twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled.
- Displacement: 955 cc
- Bore x stroke: 100 x 60.8 mm
- Compression ratio: 12.5:1
- Power: 115.5 kW (157 hp) @ 10,500 rpm
- Torque: 107.4 Nm (79.2 lb-ft) @ 9,000 rpm
- Fuel injection: Mitsubishi electronic fuel injection system. Twin injectors per cylinder. Full Ride-by-Wire elliptical throttle bodies.
- Exhaust: 2-1-2 system with catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes. Twin stainless steel mufflers with aluminum outer sleeves.
- Gearbox: 6 speed with Ducati Quick Shift (DQS)
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears; Ratio 1.77:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15 2=30/16 3=27/18 4=25/20 5=24/22 6=23/24
- Final drive: Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 43
- Clutch: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch with hydraulic control
- Frame: Monocoque aluminium
- Front suspension: Fully adjustable Showa BPF fork. 43 mm chromed inner tubes.
- Front wheel: 10-spoke light alloy 3.50 in. x 17 in.
- Front tyre: Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 120/70 ZR17
- Rear suspension: Fully adjustable Sachs unit. Aluminum double-sided swingarm.
- Rear wheel: 10 spokes light alloy 5.50 in. x 17 in.
- Rear tyre: Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 180/60 ZR17
- Wheel travel (front/rear): 120 mm (4.72 in.) - 130 mm (5.12 in.)
- Front brake: 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo monobloc M4.32 4-piston callipers, with Bosch ABS as standard.
- Rear brake: 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper, with Bosch ABS as standard.
- Instrumentation (dashboard): Full LCD display
- Dry weight: 171 kg (377 lb.)
- Kerb weight: 195 kg (430 lb.)
- Seat height: 830 mm (32.48 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,431 mm (56.34 in.)
- Rake: 24 deg.
- Front wheel trail: 96 mm (3.78 in.)
- Fuel tank capacity: 17 L - 4.5 gal. (US)
- Number of seats: Dual seat
- Standard equipment: Riding Modes, Power Modes, ABS, DTC, DQS, EBC, Fully RbW, Steering damper, DDA+ Ready, steering damper.
- Warranty: 24 months unlimited mileage
- Maintenance: 12,000 km (7,500 mi)/12 months
- Valve clearance adjustment: 24,000 km (15,000 mi)
- Emissions: Follows US Federal Regulations
- Engine Type
- Superquadro: L-twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic
- 955 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 100 x 60.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mitsubishi electronic fuel injection system. Twin injectors per cylinder. Full Ride-by-Wire elliptical throttle bodies.
- Front Suspension
- Fully adjustable Showa BPF fork. 43 mm chromed inner tubes.
- Rear Suspension
- Fully adjustable Sachs unit. Aluminum double-sided swingarm.
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo monobloc M4.32 4-piston callipers, with Bosch ABS as standard.
- Rear Brakes
- 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper, with Bosch ABS as standard.
- Front Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 180/60 ZR17
- 56.34 in. (1,431 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.48 in. (830 mm)
- 24 deg.
- 3.78 in. (96 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- Dry Weight
- 377 lb. (171 kg)
- 6 speed with Ducati Quick Shift (DQS)
- Final Drive
- Chain; Front sprocket 15, Rear sprocket 43
- 24 months unlimited mileage